As we count down to the opening of the Bay Area premiere of Heathers: The Musical, we thought it would be fun to introduce you to our amazing cast. Tune in every week to say hello to some of the faces you’ll see on the first day of senior year at Westerberg High!
We’re thrilled to welcome Lizzie, a Bay Area native, back to Ray of Light — she appeared in the West Coast premiere of Yeast Nation last fall. Lizzie’s other recent credits include Les Miserables, Dreamgirls and Evita.
Without further ado, here are five things you didn’t know about Lizzie Moss, aka Heather McNamara.
1. Baby, she was born this way. And by this way, we mean with only one kidney. That’s right — Lizzie only has her right kidney, because her left one never developed.
2. Lizzie suffers from Ophidiophobia and PeeWeeHermanphobia. That is correct, she has a crippling fear of snakes and PeeWee Herman.
3. Try as she might, Lizzie’s unable to wink with her left eye. Could this somehow be tied to her missing kidney? We are clearly not scientists, but this does pose an interesting question…
4. The two main food groups in Lizzie’s food pyramid are avocados and cheese.
5. Shhhhh….Lizzie is actually a mermaid.
Don’t miss Lizzie take the stage as Heather McNamara in Heathers: The Musical this May! Heathers runs from May 22nd through June 13th at the Victoria Theatre. Tickets are available at Rayoflighttheatre.com/Heathers.