As we count down until the opening of the Bay Area premiere of Heathers: The Musical, we thought it would be fun to introduce you to our amazing cast. Tune in every week to say hello to some of the faces you’ll see on the first day of senior year at Westerberg High!
Without further ado, here are five things you didn’t know about Jessica Fisher, who plays Ms. Flemming/ Veronica’s Mom. Jessica is a San Francisco native who started playing the piano at the age of three. She grew up thinking she was destined to be a concert pianist, but one audition for San Francisco School of the Arts changed everything–she was accepted as a vocal major, did her first musical freshman year, and the rest is history (and we’re so glad)!
1. Do NOT mess with Jessica. She has black belts in two different style of martial arts.
2. Jessica is a competitive rower and one of the captains of the East Bay Rowing Club women’s team based in Oakland. Most mornings she wakes up at 4:30 to practice. We’re not quite sure how she manages to survive on such little sleep. Late night rehearsals + early mornings = one tough act!
3. Jessica and her wife Valerie have been married three times! They celebrate two of their wedding anniversaries and their dating anniversary EVERY year. Jessica says, “If you’re as lucky in love as we are, you should celebrate as often as you can!” (We agree 100%.)
4. According to Jessica, her 19-year-old daugther, Carmina, is pretty much the most AWESOME human being on the planet. And, she was totally worth every second of the 2 1/2 days of labor she went through!
5. Jessica is half Puerto Rican. Trust her on this one–those hips don’t lie.
Don’t miss Jessica in Heathers: The Musical this May! Heathers: The Musical runs from May 22nd through June 13th at the Victoria Theatre. Tickets are available at Rayoflighttheatre.com/Heathers.